The European Microwave Association (EuMA) is an international non-profit association with a scientific, educational and technical purpose. The aim of the Association is to develop in an interdisciplinary way, education, training and research activities, including:
- Promoting European microwaves
- Networking and uniting microwave scientists and engineers in Europe
- Providing a single voice for European microwave scientists and engineers in Europe
- Promoting public awareness and appreciation of microwaves
- Attaining full recognition of microwaves by the European Union
- Organizing European Microwave Symposia and, in particular, the European Microwave Conference (EuMC) and the European Microwave Week (EuMW), as well as all the associated events
- Circulating information among European microwave scientists and engineers
The Association is allowed to perform all actions directly or indirectly related to its object. In particular, it may organize any form of cooperation between its members, symposia, seminars, study schemes, and carry out and publish studies, magazines or books, etc.
The European Microwave Lecturer
program has been deactivated at the end of 2016.
The development of EuM
A is strongly related to the historical development
first of the European Microwave Conference (EuMC) then of the European Microwave Week (EuMW). More than thirty papers have been written on the subject, from 1973 through 2019. They have been assembled to offer a view on the history
of EuMC, EuMA, and EuMW.