Topical Group EuRaMIG
European Radio and Microwave Interest Group
EuRaMIGpanel at EuMW 2014 in Rome.
The EuRAMIG core group provided a panel in the EuMW/EuMC Closing Session.
Organised by Holger Meinel (Daimler), it featured an exciting panel discussion on the "Impact on Research Policy and Technical Developments in Europe of the Internet-of-Things and other Technologies within Horizon 2020", featuring five known specialists in the field from the political, technical and academic sectors.
The panel stressed the role of microwave technology as the key enabling technology for future applications.
Presentation of Dirk Beernaert (European Commission)
Presentation of Prof. Georg Fischer (University of Erlangen)
EuRaMIG is an initiative from Chalmers GHz Centre to make Microwave technology and Industry more visible and coordinated within Europe, by e.g. increasing European R&D.
* Expand the network to all involved and/or interested in RF/microwave technologies in Europe
* Align each other when approaching pan-European R&D agendas within EC-ERA, Eureka, COST and EDA
* Describe the European RF/microwave eco-system to other communities and non-experts
* Provide input, in particular research priorities, to EC work program drafts in FP7 and beyond
* Position RF/microwaves with adjacent European platforms
* Promote European education in RF/microwaves
Microwaves carry us forward!Membership is free. Joining the EuRaMIG is on individual basis and not a legal act. In particular, we encourage company people and industrial-oriented researchers at institutes or academia to join EuRaMIG.
Do you want to support us, be member of the networking for European microwaves, and a stakeholder? Go to the EuMA SharePoint and join the Group.
For more information about EuRaMIG, please contact Jan Grahn